So, a military etiquette thing that has always caused me to wonder. Especially since JBLM put Soldiers back on the gates.
(Military) Gate guards salute Officers after checking their id. I always return the salute, whether in uniform or not. 90% of the time I am in civvies, swinging by before/after work or on my lunch break.
Am I technically right to return the salute while in civvies? I'm going to continue regardless, as it seems rude not to return a salute.
Posted 4 y ago
Read This Next
- If we need to save money should MPs and Soldiers guard the gate? 68 Votes 46 Comments
- Why do gate guards/MPs salute non-front plated officers in vehicles? 33 Votes 23 Comments
- Does a retiree return a salute when entering a military base? 251 Votes 50 Comments
- Should civilians salute? 84 Votes 55 Comments
- Gate Guards 17 Votes 6 Comments
- Should an officer in ACUs salute an enlisted soldier in PT uniform if they don't recog...? 567 Votes 195 Comments