As dental offices resume providing care, more people are asking if it’s safe to return to their dentists. On April 30, 2020, the American Dental Association ended its recommendation to postpone dental care. Here are some changes you might see.
You may be asked to:
• Wait outside or in your car rather than in the waiting room
• Take your temperature and answer pre-screening questions before entering
• Wear a face mask and sanitize your hands while in the office
Once you’re in the chair:
• You may notice new tools in the office, such as air purifiers designed to help remove virus particles from the air
• Your dentist and staff will be wearing more protective personal equipment (PPE) than before
It’s important to keep up on your dental care. Regular dentist visits can do more than keep your smile looking good – they can also tell dentists a lot about your overall health. Let Delta Dental help you get access to oral health care. We proudly offer affordable coverage plans for eligible Veterans and military retirees.