(1) This is a great assignment. If you don't take it right now, someone else will.
(2) A Pentagon assignment would be a great career move. (3) A TRADOC assignment will make your career.
(4) I don't have a choice. They really need combat veterans in Korea.
(5) If you take this job, I will guarantee your next assignment.
1. Never be on time. Being on time is being late.
2. Remember the Detailers maps at HQMC are upside down... which is why when you ask for an East Coast assignment you get the West Coast..and vice versa.
3. Always get a signature... everyone signs for everything. Yes, General.. you too.
4. Remember that your weapon is made by the lowest bidder. Care for it like my life depends on it... okay... your life depends on it, too.
5. One more deployment will set you apart.
6. Accept the State-side staff billet...your peers going in theater will not get any special treatment on the next promotion board.
7. Stay with this squadron... these OV10B's will be around for the next 20 years.
8. Yes... there are floatation devices for the crew... (said to 15 Marines in back of a H46 with a severe hydraulic leak over South China Sea) but you are not crew.
9. The Warrant Officer is always right.
10. When in doubt, see number 9.