Are your employment preferences up to date?
Employee Talent Showcase (3)
Sr. Project Manager
Round Lake, Illinois
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Sr. Project Manager will provide Project & Program Management leadership for major, high complexity New Product Development projects within Baxter’s Medication Delivery / Patient Monitoring Business. This person will lead project teams from design concept selection to product launch, in alignment with Baxter’s design control and product development processes. This person will interact with and influence senior internal and external stakeholders. Sr. Project Managers will make project completion commitments and manage stakeholder expectations throughout their programs. They will participate in organizational issue resolution and will lead teams through the identification of risks / issues and implementation of mitigations. This person will develop core team and project management capabilities across the organization. This role may also lead key sustaining initiatives within the Patient Monitoring Platform Core Team and/or key development initiatives within Baxter’s new Novum Infusion Pump System platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This individual will participate in the strategic planning, project initiation and execution as well as:
- Leads cross-functional team in defining project strategies, developing goals, schedules, and milestones, and ensures project scope is defined and controlled
- Interprets project strategy and helps translate into tactical actions and technical solutions
- Accountable for core team performance, creation and management of project schedule, execution of the project, and budget commitments and spend
- Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications of project status and needs across teams and stakeholders
- Ensures identification and communication of project risks, development of risk plan and leads core team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
- Critically evaluate existing processes, identify inefficiencies, recognize opportunities and optimize, where necessary
- May provide direct supervision of individuals and/or manage consultants
- Train / coach / mentor team members and other functional areas in systems, procedures and tools related to the project
- Leads core team and/or organization through continuous improvement of project execution
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, including diplomacy to negotiate conflicting priorities
- Expertise in all aspects of project & program management – experience with Agile program management methodologies is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills. Appropriately use data to make or recommend business decisions. Capable of recommending innovative solutions to complex problems
- Understanding of device development processes, Quality Management Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory and/or Clinical Practices, and applicable regulations
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and projects
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop others
- PMI (e.g. PMP, PgMP) or equivalent certification desired
- Certification (e.g. Green Belt, Black Belt) in six sigma methodologies is a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A minimum of an MBA/MS or Bachelor’s degree required. Ten years of product life cycle experience, including seven or more years of project management experience, with demonstrated success leading product development programs in the medical products / drug industry. A degree in Engineering, Science, or related field is desired. Experience working with electromechanical medical devices, monitoring platforms, algorithm development, and/or clinical studies is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.