Medical Sales Representative
Security Clearance: NoneMedical Sales Representative, Oakland
Date: Sep 3, 2021
Location: Oakland, CA, US
Expected Travel: Up to 25%
Requisition ID: 4434
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Vascular Access – Built on a history of innovation, our Arrow® brand of technically advanced vascular access devices are renowned throughout the world. Many of our vascular access products have antimicrobial and antithrombogenic protection designed to reduce vascular-related complications and include long and short dwell central venous catheters (CVC), sheath introducers, arterial lines, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), as well as specialty devices and an advanced vascular positioning system to facilitate precise placement of a PICC or CVC near the heart. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
The Sales Representative will sell the full or near full bag of Teleflex vascular products. The position will focus within a defined medium to large size territory with new and existing business accounts while developing and maintaining long-term relationships with hospital personnel to facilitate future sales growth. Additional call points are within nursing: PICC/VAS nurses, IV Nurse, Critical Care Nurses and Oncology Nurses.
• Schedule and confirm on-site sales appointments in person and by telephone to present and sell new and existing products to cardiologists, surgeons, radiologists, critical care personnel, purchasing agents and other appropriate decision makers.
• Follow-up initial sales presentations via telephone and letters to generate orders.
• Supply hospitals, physicians, and clinical staff with current product information, catalogues and samples.
• Coordinate efforts between Brand Managers or Product Specialists and Strategic Accounts Representatives for projects within designated territory.
• Responsible for a complete small to medium size territory objective.
• Interact with internal personnel to resolve customer complaints and questions.
• Identify and develop new customers including those referred through quarterly sales leads.
• Provide in service educational seminars for the clinical staff of hospitals, including face to face seminars during hospital shift changes.
• Prioritize goals in the sales territory based on customer and company needs. Plan tentative coverage of the territory based on needs assessment.
• Review and revise territory coverage based on assessment of potential sales.
• Negotiate sales contracts and pricing with customers; review existing contracts to identify those expiring within two months for follow-up.
• Account for all territory expenses and materials.
• Review current literature for new developments within the healthcare field and sales field including competitive information.
• Attend and exhibit at national conventions to gain new customers through the detailing of products.
• Assist with the coordination of the national convention to ensure proper setup, booth coverage, and breakdown of exhibit, as requested.
• Exhibit at local professional meetings to develop new customers.
• Train and direct new field personnel and company personnel on divisional products, as requested.
• Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Conduct, all Company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree - Required.
• 2 -5 years of hospital and/or B2b Sales
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Complete gowning procedures in hospital.
• Possess a valid driver's license and operate a motor vehicle with satisfactory driving records.
• Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Be standing or walking in numerous hospitals or at meetings for 6 - 10 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week.