Posted on Nov 30, 2013
CSM Brigade Command Sergeant Major
3.75K
5
8
1
1
0
Posted in these groups: Army usa or 09b.svg CSMStar Promotions
Avatar feed
Responses: 3
CSM Mike Maynard
2
2
0
If your question is, "do they consider your wish list", I honestly believe that when they can, they do.

There are a lot that goes into determining where you can go - 1) EFMP considerations, 2) Where you're at on the OML, 3) tour dates, 4) etc.

When possible, I think they do try to get you a selection as high up on your CPD as they can.

I received my #2 choice, so I would like to believe that the system works as well as can be expected.
(2)
Comment
(0)
CSM Brigade Command Sergeant Major
CSM (Join to see)
8 y
Thanks CSM, Thats what I was looking for, positive experiences with it. I read a brief that 60% receive their top three at the BN CSL level. Several of the guys involved in the process must fell in the other 40%. I'm competing this year as was curious, if Im selected, what are my odds of getting my top 3 and beyond.
(0)
Reply
(0)
CSM Brigade Command Sergeant Major
CSM (Join to see)
8 y
*Several guys I talked to fell in the 40%*
(0)
Reply
(0)
CSM Mike Maynard
CSM Mike Maynard
8 y

1SG Brock, welllllllll, your odds of getting your Top 3 are between 0% and 100%. There are just so many factors and a lot is determined on what everyone else is putting as their Top 3.

 

One thing I do know is that whatever assignment the Army gave me and wherever the Army sent me was exactly where I was supposed to be (professional development, new experiences, new contacts, etc).

 

Honestly, you really have to believe that, or you'll spend all your time not focused on the right thing.

(1)
Reply
(0)
CSM Brigade Command Sergeant Major
CSM (Join to see)
8 y
Roger CSM, The percentages are based on an HRC Brief from SGM Branch. I was curious about validation of their numbers. Thanks for the advice and where ever I end up I know I will be able to help influence Soldiers in a positive way. I do appreciate the Army trying to give some predictability to its Senior NCOs. I think its the right thing to do.
(0)
Reply
(0)
Avatar small
SGM Mike Barbieri
0
0
0
Did you get the answer you were looking for? If not I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. Shoot me a note on global.
(0)
Comment
(0)
CSM Brigade Command Sergeant Major
CSM (Join to see)
6 y
Mike, this post is a couple of years old and after going through the process I know the answer is the Army truly considers the preferences and will try to facilitate the Soldiers wants while balancing Army's needs. I appreciate and respect the process. I know you and SGM Daugherty have done a great job answering the fields' questions and offering any assistance. Thanks.
(1)
Reply
(0)
Avatar small
CSM Brigade Command Sergeant Major
0
0
0
Carl, I shot you a note.
(0)
Comment
(0)
Avatar small

Join nearly 2 million former and current members of the US military, just like you.

close