Veterans Outreach Coordinator
Security Clearance: NoneJob Summary
Central Washington University is recruiting a Veterans Outreach Coordinator to join our Veterans Center team in Ellensburg, Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they promote, recruit, and advise for the University's Veterans Center. The role is a campus-based position, which means you get to see the lives you are impacting. We're offering a salary, depending on professional experience and degree, from $53,000 - $58,000 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You’ll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety.
For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
Tour our campus in Ellensburg here. www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdhOegDa9A
What we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts.
The Veterans Center Outreach Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to our students by assisting with processing their VA Education benefits. The Outreach Coordinator serves as a primary contact and manages the onboarding of new students with the Veterans Center. This position will counsel prospective, newly admitted, and current students to assist directly with navigating their VA Education Benefits and connect them to other campus/or community resources. They are also responsible for recruiting prospective students to achieve admission goals and aid in the retention of student veterans and family members of veterans in addition to facilitating student veterans’ learning and development outside of the classroom. This position represents the university at military installations, community colleges, and high schools to promote, recruit, and advise for Central Washington University’s (CWU) Veterans Program. This position will also coordinate programming for our student population and greater campus community. All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
Counseling and Onboarding:
- Assists with certifying process quarter-to-quarter
- Serves as an additional School Certifying Official
- Presents information regarding the various GI Bills to prospective and currently enrolled student veterans and family members of veterans.
- Provides general preadmissions advising to prospective students and transfer students concerning admission procedures, academic programs and student services.
- Provides guidance regarding admissions process including pre-admission counseling, academic programs and student activities.
- Meets with students individually to assist with onboarding with the Veterans Center and assists students with navigating their VA Education Benefits.
- Collects required documentation from students and follows established department practices to organize/maintain accurate electronic files.
- In conjunction with Financial Aid, provides resources and assistance to veterans and family members of veterans to find VA financial aid waivers, grants and other financial information to attract and retain student veterans.
- Assists and/or refer student veterans, potential students and family members of veterans to access resources and services offered through Student Engagement & Success, Housing, Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Career Services, etc. to ensure a smooth transition for students entering the university.
- Mentors and provides leadership to student veterans of CWU and act as a liaison for other student veterans who may not be involved in structured veteran clubs and organizations
Programming and Retention:
- Suggests new programs or events designed to target our military connected student population.
- Assess events to determine their efficiency and success at reaching potential students.
- Coordinates special events, clubs, and activities to engage and retain veteran center students.
- Develops partnerships with local, regional and national constituents. Implement CWU programs and services to develop and maintain programs targeted to helping our veterans succeed academically and personally as well as ensuring that student veterans at CWU are connected with the local community.
- Develops partnerships with military education counselors, military recruiters, and military transition centers throughout the region to educate active duty and soon to be separated service members with their higher education options.
- Works collaboraitively with campus stakeholders to coordinate events. This includes developing marketing materials, marketing strategies, working with on campus catering, and complying with budget policies.
- Presents Central Washington University philosophy, programs, services, etc. to prospective freshman, transfer and non-traditional students, and the general public in individual and group settings.
- Represents CWU at high schools, community colleges, community functions, special events, military installations etc. to recruit new student veterans and/or family members of veterans.
- Collaborates with Public Affairs in the procurement of marketing and advertising for the CWU services and programs to develop and promote CWU-unique aspects that recruit veterans.
- Researches veteran best practices from other universities and colleges, and create new and original incentives for veterans, service members, and family members to attend CWU.
- Independently evaluates academic records and personal histories of prospective student, conduct interview and consults admissions regarding academic qualifications for admission to the university and preparation for intended major.
- Consults with prospective active duty, student veterans and/or family members of veterans regarding the benefits of the veterans program and unique programs that CWU offers.
- Prepares quarterly reports of recruitment services provided to veterans.
- Will be liaison with ROTC programs on CWU Campus.
- Will be part of professional organizations that deal with veteran’s issues (i.e. NASPA, NAVPA, etc.).
- Perform other duties assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or any combination of education and experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform essential functions of the position.
Ability to travel; including a valid driver’s license.
Experience with culturally and economically diverse populations.
Experience working in student services or a customer service setting.
Experience giving oral presentations to small and large groups.
Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use computers, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, and receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, and tasks.
Experience working with active duty, veterans and/or family members of veterans.
Strong interpersonal, writing and speaking skills.
Excellent networking, organizational and planning skills.
Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Experience with VA Education certification process as a School Certifying Official (SCO).
Knowledge of the unique needs of active duty, veterans, and their families in a student center environment.
Military Service: Time served with honorable discharge or currently serving.
Experience working in admissions, career services or any recruiting area.
Experience in counseling, mentoring, and advising in a student-centered environment.
Experience or interest in mentoring students from a variety of backgrounds.
Life experiences that demonstrate an ability to contribute to CWU’s commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At CWU we’re dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. This may be the job for you!
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $53,000 - $58,000 annually dependent on professional experience and degree
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / Flexible schedule for travel
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts.
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Resume including work history, education, training;
Contact information for three professional references; and
If applicant is a veteran, please submit DD-214 member 4 copy.
Screening Begins: March 2, 2023
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Ruben Cardenas
Title: Director, Veterans Center
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.