Last updated: February 5, 2021
RallyPoint is a social network and online platform specifically designed to connect current or former members of the United States military services (“members”, “visitors”, “you”, or “your”), to allow them to communicate, exchange stories and information of interest. RallyPoint connects members and visitors with employers and brands in a personalized and relevant way, by allowing them to grow a personal network and present relevant and personalized promotions or employment opportunities. With RallyPoint, you can build out your professional network, connect with other members of the military and veterans in a safe environment, and explore career opportunities both within the military (PCS opportunities) and in the private sector.
What Information Do We Collect and Have We Collected over the Past 12 Months From or About You or Your Devices?
Information You Provide: We collect the following information from you:
· when you sign up (whether on the App or the Website), and create or make changes to a RallyPoint profile, we collect the information you disclose on the account registration form and your profile, including your email address, password, first name, last name, gender, birthday, branch of service, rank, military specialty, current unit and duty station, professional experience or objectives, educational background, and any other information you provide at registration or add to your profile;
· if you contact us, including for customer support, we may collect your contact information, and access your data associated with your account, including User Content (as defined in our Terms of Service);
· if you otherwise communicate with us by email, we will collect your email address and the contents of your communication;
· when you access our Website or use the App, our servers will automatically collect your IP address; and
· if you submit User Content, you may, at your option, include information (such as your name or photograph) in the User Content that can be used to identify you.
Logging in via other Social Networks and Syncing Your Data
· The App uses email addresses and profile IDs to identify other members on RallyPoint with whom you may be connected on other Social Network Sites but have not connected with yet on RallyPoint.
· If you use our contact importer feature to automatically sync your contacts from your devices, other online accounts, or other social networks to RallyPoint, we will collect and store that information. (You can remove your address book or other synced information whenever you would like.) If you utilize RallyPoint features that sync external email and calendar services, RallyPoint will access your email and calendar accounts, as well as access and store some of your email header and calendar history information in order to match it to RallyPoint and other public social media profiles. These features may also temporarily cache message content for performance reasons, in a way that is unreadable by RallyPoint and its service providers.
Automatically Collected Information
· Mobile Device Information. RallyPoint will collect and pass to third parties advertising-specific device identifiers unless you have opted-out of ad tracking for the device. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device.
· Web Tracking Information: We, and our third party service providers, may use web tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and clear GIFs in order to operate the Website efficiently and to collect data related to usage of the Website and to web and email marketing conducted by us or on our behalf. Such collected data (“Web Tracking Information”) may include the address of the websites you visited before and after you visited the Website, the type of browser you are using, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, what pages in the Website you visit and what links you clicked on, and whether you opened email communications we send to you. In order to collect Web Tracking Information and to make your use of the Website more efficient, we may store cookies on your computer. In addition, the third-party ad networks (“Ad Networks”) that we use to display advertising to you may also store their own cookies on your computer. We may also use web tracking technologies that are placed in web pages on the Website or in email communications to collect information about actions that users take when they interact with the Website or such email communications, and Ad Networks and RallyPoint’s Contractors (as hereinafter defined) may also do so. We do not correlate Web Tracking Information to information about an individual user. Some Web Tracking Information may include data, such as IP address data and general segment information (e.g., your unit, career field, or information about your professional or educational background, that is unique to you). You may be able to modify your browser settings to alter which web tracking technologies are permitted when you use the Website, but this may affect the performance of the Website.
Information Provided by Third Party Sources
· If you sign-up through a third party platform such as Facebook or Google, we may collect your name, email address, and contact information from that platform.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect from or about you and your devices for a variety of purposes:
· Provide you with customized RallyPoint social networking and communication services via our Website or the App
· Communicate with you about your RallyPoint account or profile, your transactions with us and send you information about features on our Website and the App and any changes to our policies
· To allow you to grow, manage, and leverage your RallyPoint network:
o By using the RallyPoint contacts importer (or other similar mechanisms provided by RallyPoint) to upload individual contacts or your entire address book into RallyPoint.
o By identifying your contacts already on RallyPoint; informing your contacts that you are building your RallyPoint network; providing a template to send invitations to your contacts that have not registered with RallyPoint; and suggesting people you may know but who may not be in your RallyPoint contacts.
o RallyPoint may also use this information to show you and other members that you share the same uploaded contacts who may or may not be members.
· Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
o Connect you with potential military or veterans organizations which we have vetted and which we believe to have the best interest of the member in mind
o Connect you with employment opportunities
o Show you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
o Personalize content and experiences
o Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications. To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking, please see "Automatically Collected Information" above.
· Optimize, improve and promote our products, services and operations, and undertake research related to such improvements
· Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Please note that when you send an invitation to connect to another individual (a “connection”), that person may have access to your email address or, for SMS invitations, mobile number because it may be displayed in the invitation. RallyPoint may also remind you of pending invitations. Your RallyPoint connections may also have access to your email address.
Aggregate Information and Analysis: We will also use information we collect from or about you and your devices to create aggregated data for individual or summary analytical purposes. This statistical information does not contain any identifying information about you and is used to understand our members and to better serve our market.
Tracking Information: We use Web Tracking Information to administer the Website and the App and to understand how well our services are working, to store your user preferences and customize the RallyPoint content you see, and to develop aggregate, statistical information on usage of the Websites. This allows us to determine which features visitors like best to help us improve our Website, to personalize your user experience, and to measure overall effectiveness.
Push Notifications: If you download and install the App, we will send you administrative and promotional push notifications, provided that you opt in to such notifications through the App settings.
Email Communications/Your Choices: If you create an account and provide your email address, we will send you administrative and promotional emails. If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email, or by editing your account settings as described below. All users receive administrative emails, and so you cannot opt out of them while you remain an account holder.
What Information Do We Disclose to Third Parties and Why?
We disclose the information we collect from or about you as follows:
· within the RallyPoint services, to your current employer and/or potential employers and recruiters who are looking to hire personnel with your skill sets;
· within RallyPoint, to companies, or organizations looking to provide services based on your unique accomplishments or background;
· to third party service providers or contractors engaged to provide services on our behalf (“Contractors”), such as performing marketing services, analyzing data and usage of the App and Website, operating the App and Website, providing support, maintenance and improvement of services for the App and Website, or providing customer service. We use reasonable efforts to enter into agreements with all Contractors that require Contractors to use the information they receive about you only to perform services for us;
· to partner organizations with whom we think our military members have a strong affinity, to carry out research, or to facilitate the delivery of more relevant ads and email marketing as described below under "Advertising-related disclosures of information";
· to carry out your instructions; and
· when we have your consent to share the information.
We do not sell information about you to third parties. We share, and have shared over the past 12 months, the following categories of information about you for a business purpose:
· Identifiers, such as name, email address, IP address, gender, and segment information (e.g., your unit, career field, or information about your professional or educational background, that is unique to you). We share this information with cloud storage providers, marketing services, email marketing companies, data analytics providers, and military service verification services.
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing and search history, what pages in the Website you visit and what links you clicked on, User Content, and whether you opened email communications we send to you. We share this data analytics providers and email service providers.
· Location information. We share this information with email analytics providers and data analytics partners.
· Inferences regarding an individual. We share this information with research partners.
Aggregate and De-identified Information: We may disclose anonymous and/or aggregated information to third parties such as current and potential business partners, advertisers, and funding sources, in order to describe our business and operations and for the purposes described above.
Advertising-related disclosures of information. RallyPoint is an ad-supported service.
· We may share your email address or other Personal Information you provide to us with our data partners. To help protect the security of your Personal Information our partners use a hashing algorithm that matches your information with other information about you that our data partners have collected from other sources, including cookies or Advertising IDs placed on your devices. This information is used to deliver and measure tailored and relevant content, advertising, services, and experiences at RallyPoint, and also as you interact with other applications or websites. We also use this information to develop new services.
RallyPoint only shares its data for ad retargeting purposes with members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and other entities who strive to adhere to the DAA Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and Multi-Site Data, as well as related guidance. The DAA administers an industry-wide cookie opt-out mechanism that can be found here and its mobile device ID opt out available through its AppChoices app. Keep in mind that opting out through the DAA or other channels does not disable advertisements altogether. Instead, opting out means that we or our authorized data partners will no longer facilitate targeted advertising to your browser, mobile device, or email address. In other words, you will still see advertisements and receive email marketing, but they will be less relevant to you. If you create a new email address, reset the mobile advertising ID on your device, or use a new browser, you will need to apply the appropriate opt out to that new email address, new device ID, and/or new browser as opt-outs are not necessarily transferred between email addresses, browsers, or devices.
For another tool to opt out of tracking on 3rd party networks, click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative site to set preferences and opt out of third party targeting programs.
We use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate the performance of various features of our Website and App and also to evaluate the overall performance of our Website and App. We also use such services to understand whether and how specific users or users meeting a certain profile are taking advantage of certain features of our Website and App and/or making use of our Website and App generally. For more information about web analytics, including information on setting preferences for or opting out of certain data collection, please visit Google Analytics. If you choose to opt-out, some of the features of the Website and App may not be fully functional for you.
We do not share information that personally identifies you (like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you.
Additional Disclosures: We reserve the right to disclose any information we collect in connection with the Website and App, including information about you, (a) to any successor to our business as a result of any merger, acquisition, asset sale or similar transaction; and (b) to any law enforcement, judicial authority, or governmental or regulatory authority, to the extent required by law or if in our reasonable discretion disclosure is necessary to enforce or protect our legal rights or to protect third parties.
RallyPoint Profile Privacy Settings: You may choose which RallyPoint users can view your profile through your RallyPoint privacy settings. You may choose to make your profile private so that it can only be seen by you. If you set your profile as private, other RallyPoint users may not view your profile but your profile will be available to potential employers with access to RallyPoint.
Search: You can search for members, employment opportunities, information about companies, and community content on our Services. You can also find employment opportunities and information about companies. We use information about you from our Services to inform and refine our search service.
If you are a California resident, subject to applicable law and exceptions and verification, you may have the following rights in relation to personal information, as defined by the CCPA:
Right to Know
You may request a copy of the following related to the information we collect from and about you over the past 12 months:
· the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
· the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
· the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
· the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
· the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
You may request that we delete any personal information we have collected from you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request via one of the following methods:
· Email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mail us your request to: RallyPoint Networks Inc., 203 Crescent St., Ste 110, Waltham, MA, 02453
Only you, or someone that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete personal information about you. An authorized agent may make a request by providing written permission signed by you. We may need to confirm your identity before processing your request by asking you to log into your existing account (if you are a registered user) or by asking you for additional information, such as your email address, government issued ID or date of birth. We do not discriminate against you based on you exercising any of the above rights.
If you are a California resident you may also request certain information about our disclosure of information about you to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year by contacting us as below.
If you are a member under 18 years of age, and a California resident, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on our Website. To request removal of such information, please contact us as below. Upon receiving such a request, we will make sure that the information is not publicly available on our website, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites. We do not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
Privacy Settings/E-Mail Preferences/Data Retention
Updating of Information
You may review or amend your profile, email address, or contact details at any time by using your settings panel in your account online.
Security: We use reasonable and appropriate security precautions to protect the security and integrity of your information in accordance with this policy and applicable law. However, no Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that security breaches will not occur. Without limitation of the foregoing, we are not responsible for the actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach our reasonable security procedures.
You Must be 18 Years or Older to Participate in RallyPoint: RallyPoint does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed at persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use RallyPoint.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or RallyPoint Networks Inc., 203 Crescent St., Ste 110, Waltham, MA, 02453.