Influence Score: 240,571
293 out of 740,614 Veterans
293 out of 740,614 Veterans
- Nov 87
- Nov 88
- Nov 89
- May 93
- May 98
- May 00
- May 02
- Sep 11
Commissioning Source: Direct Commission, Nov 1998
Recent Activity -
Nurse Educator with dynamic background providing instruction to diverse audiences. Clinical practitioner with recent experience in nurse management, staff training, assessments, and team leadership. American Association of Ambulatory Health Care, Nuclear Surety Inspection, and Health Safety Inspection compliant without findings. AF Retirement Dec 2015. Now Clinic Nurse Instructor for WA St U. Adjunct Nursing Instructor, Montana State University, Great Falls, MT • Provided instruction to 61 second-semester seniors on Nursing Management and Leadership with 100% successful completion rate. Clinical Nursing Instructor, Washington State University, College of Nursing, Spokane, WA • Providing Clinic nursing instruction to 1st year nursing students on all things nursing. Shaping Nursing of the Future!
Jan 2016 - Present
Sep 2014 - Dec 2015
Flight Commander, Aerospace and Operational Medicine
• Manage four distinct clinic areas; Flight Missile Medicine Clinic, Personal Reliability Program Clinic, Optometry Clinic, and Health and Wellness Center • Supervise 35 military and civilian team members including Administrative Technicians, Medical Technicians, Nurses, Physician’s Assistants, Physicians, and Optometrist. • Certify clinic personnel receive all mandatory training, professional training, and medical readiness training • Perform Nursing Telephone Triage, Walk-in Nursing Triage, and assist with outpatient care of 1850+ patients.
Jul 2009 - Sep 2014
• As Chair of the Patient Safety Working Group, Supervise training of 210 staff members on Patient Safety, National Patient Safety Goals, and Patient Rights/Responsibilities. • Oversee outpatient care of 1850+ patients –Maintaining mission ready nuclear weapons handling personnel. • Manage staffing, scheduling, and training for 3 Flight Surgeons, 4 Physician Assistants, 2 Nurses, 10 Medical Technicians, and 6 Administrative Technicians--Recognized as OUTSTANDING on recent Nuclear Surety Inspection – zero discrepancies • Conduct staff education for 25+ providers
Jul 2005 - Jul 2009
• Directed, managed, supervised and evaluated nursing care practices practiced on an 18-bed ambulatory surgery unit with 12 surgical specialties, providing care to over 12,000 patients annually. • Patient care, step-up care, and shift leader responsible for 48 bed ortho/surgical/trauma inpatient unit. • Executed therapeutic orders of 98 surgeons and 172 residents from 10 surgical and trauma specialties. • Provided advanced nursing care for critically ill infants in the Air Force’s largest level 2/3 Neonatal Intensive Care Facility.
Deployments(1 year, 9 months)
Jul 2010 - Apr 2011
Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) - Afghanistan
• Instructed, supervised, mentored, and tested first classes of 36 Nursing students and 97 Physician Assistant (PA) students; improving patient assessment and clinical skills of prospective nurses and PAs. • Developed high fidelity training scenarios using mannequins for skills evaluation and testing
May 2008 - Aug 2008
Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF)
• Provided emergent, intensive, and routine nursing care for over 375 wounded U.S. military members, coalition forces, Iraqi nationals, and opposition forces. • Provided rapid and effective nursing care in three significant mass casualty events.
Nov 1990 - May 1991
Operation Desert Shield/Storm
- Provided medical support and ambulance transport at numerous convoy support centers throughout theater. - Medical support for 2 EPW camps in northern Saudi Arabia - Transported casualties from medical facilities to waiting aircraft for evacuation out of theater.
Professional Development Schools
Individual & Special Skill Schools
Certifified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse