Fort Gordon, GA
Akima Support Operations (ASO) provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for mission-...
ASO is seeking a dedicated full-time, on-site Facilities Operation Manager who shall provide the overall management of facilities and rela...
Dropped 17E packet. How was your experience as prior service in AIT at Ft Gordon? Any insight on your experience and the process?
Upgrade your browser in order to edit this page.
- Fort Gordon is a multi-compo and multi-mission installation.
- Provides full-service base services and support for training and Soldier sustainment needs.
- The installation supports Army and Department of Defense organizations and activities performing regional and world-wide missions.
- Included in the posts' mission include communications training and operations, military intelligence, cyber operations, medical and dental care, force integration and mobilization.
Things to do here
- US Army Points West Recreation Center and the Army Corps of Engineers on Lake Thurmond (Boating, Fishing, Skiing, and swimming)
- Hunting and Fishing for Deer, Turkey, Small Mouth Bass etc. on Fort Gordon proper as well as the Savanah Rive (Kayaking)
- Disc Golf and regular Golf on Fort Gordon
- Paintball, Fun Runs, Fourth of July Community Flea Market, Carnival, and Fireworks Celebration, Horseback Riding, Dinner Theater, etc.
- Many tourist attractions within 2-4 hours including Six Flags over Georgia, Outlet Mall, Savanah, GA and Charleston, SC
Things to avoid here
- The Savanah River Walk at night.
- Augusta Mall on Friday and Saturday night.
- I-20 East on Sunday.
Advice for those moving here
- Recommend if you have USAA, take advantage of their $1,000.00 front and back end house selling voucher program for utilizing their recommended agents, it’s less headache for you and your spouse.
- Recommend if you are buying, the best schools can be found in Columbia County; Evans, Greenbrier, Grovetown, Martinez, etc.
- Take some leave and come out and meet with your realtor as well as the Soldier your replacing prior to your PCS (Do your homework and house hunting prior to the move). You may not get the Right-Seat-Left-Seat especially if they PCS prior to your arrival.