Upgrade your browser in order to edit this page.
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
The University at Buffalo is a flagship school of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, offering affordable costs with top-ranked academics. UB has a diverse and veteran-friendly student population. We offer tremendous value thanks to being a premiere research-intensive institution and a cost-effective public university based in a city with a low cost of living. It’s no surprise that UB is ranked as a Best Buy and Best Value by Forbes, The Princeton Review and Fiske Guide.
The University at Buffalo School of Management offers a number of MBA degree programs to meet different interests and real-world needs.
- UB is AACSB accredited and globally ranked.
- The UB School of Management is ranked in all the major rankings—Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report—usually in the top 15 percent of this elite group.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the UB School of Management higher than any other business school in the State University of New York (SUNY) system.
Here is How to Transition.
Discipline, time management, the ability to work under pressure: the leadership skills you have through your service are attractive and desired by employers. The University at Buffalo School of Management offers a number of nationally-ranked graduate degrees to take your skills to the next level and prepare you for careers in management, leadership and entrepreneurship.
Why earn an MBA?
You are a problem solver. You have planning, execution and analytical skills. Tactically and technically experienced, think about what you’ve accomplished compared to other people your age. It’s no wonder that veterans are pursuing MBAs in growing numbers as your skill set is sought after for management and leadership roles.
Here are the top reasons veterans give for earning an MBA:
- Improve your qualifications
- Increase your earning potential
- Establish a career
- Add to your credentials
- Increase your job opportunities
UB is also one of the few business schools in the country which offers a wide choice of dual and collaborative MBA programs. Dual degrees increase your marketability by combining two interests into one program, meeting real-world needs. UB MBA programs include:
- AuD/MBA, DDS/MBA, Engineering/MBA, JD/MBA, MArch/MBA, MD/MBA, MPH/MBA, MSW/MBA, PharmD/MBA
If you’re not from Western New York, be prepared to be surprised. Buffalo, the second largest city in New York state, is a pretty cool town to spend some time:
- A hotbed of innovation for startups, home to the world’s largest business idea competition, conveniently located between New York, Toronto and Chicago. (Inc.)
- The new magnet for millennials (Gothamist)
- Top Millennial Home Buying Spots (Realtor.com)
- Affordable – the cost of living is well below the national average. (Forbes)
- One of the Best Cities to relocate to in America (Sperling)
Want more information? Contact:
- Aaron Shaw, Assistant Director of Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org 716-645-3204
- Jeff Allen, MBA ’18, President Veterans Business Association email@example.com
Veterans, make a smart investment in your future.
The University at Buffalo has been named a Military Friendly School, a Yellow Ribbon School, an institutional member of the Service Opportunity Colleges (SOC), and a participating institution in Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP). In addition, UB was named a “Best for Vets” school by Military Times, and ranked 58th in the country as a best college for veterans in the 2018 U.S. News and World Report.
Daniel Nichols, Chief Product Officer of Victory Media and head of Military Friendly® development, noted “(UB) offers exceptional examples of what it means not just to build a program that meets federal requirements, but one that serves the military and veteran community from classrooms to careers.”
UB’s veteran community is served on campus by:
- UB Veterans’ Business Association (VBA)
- UB Student Veterans Association (SVA).
- UB Office of Veteran Affairs (link)
- A dedicated Certifying Official
- Veterans Financial Aid
The Buffalo Veterans Affairs Medical Center is conveniently located right next to UB South Campus.
With a combination of the GI Bill, yellow ribbon programs, state grants and school scholarships, your UB MBA is very affordable. The GI Bill covers tuition and a living stipend. In the state of New York, spouses are also eligible for in-state tuition. There is also an application fee waiver.
Learn more about UB’s full-time MBA program and UB’s veteran community. Contact us today!